All students want to choose a major and a career path that will lead to a stable, profitable future. Unfortunately, the economy is much more complicated than it used to be, so it can be difficult to choose a path that will guarantee you a stable future.
For help in this area, one good resource to check out is Yahoo! Hotjobs. In addition to specific job listings, this site offers tips and insight into job searching in today’s market.
According to Yahoo! Hotjobs, here are eight jobs college students should consider. These are areas that show job growth and promise to do so in the future as well.
- Network Systems Analyst
- Financial Analyst or Advisor
- Veterinary Technologist or Technician (which only requires a two-year degree)
- Counselors (Marriage and Family Counselors, Mental Health Counselors, Substance Abuse Counselors)
- Physical Therapist Assistant (which only requires a two-year degree)
- Forensic Science Technician
- Teachers (yes, things are looking good for both elementary and secondary school teachers)