You could go home and see family and friends that you haven’t seen since winter break. You could put in some extra hours at your job and earn some extra money. You could just kick back and relax. Or, if you are like many other high school and college students, you could go on a vacation with your friends.
Where should you go? This list is the most popular Spring Break destinations in the country.
1. Skiing: There are many popular ski resorts in Colorado, New Mexico, and New England. A lot of companies offer group discounts, so if you and several of your friends are interested, this can be a relatively cheap Spring Beak idea. Some popular destinations include Breckenridge, Vail, Stowe, and Aspen.
2. The Gulf of Mexico: South Padre Island is quite the party spot. Huge groups of students flock to the island every Spring Break to swim in the gulf, dance in the clubs, and catch some rays on the beach.
3. Panama City, Florida: Panama City in Florida is quickly becoming one of the hottest places to spend Spring Break. The white sand beaches in Panama City are breathtaking. It never gets incredibly hot there during Spring Break with the average daytime temperature hovering just around 70 degrees. Panama City is the perfect place if you want to be on the beach, but do not want to die from heat stroke within the first five minutes of being outside.
4. Senor Frogs: I bet you thought that Senor Frogs, a popular bar south of the border, was only in Mexico. Well, if you head to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, for Spring Break, you can get a drink at the only Senor Frogs in the country. In addition to a crazy nightlife, Myrtle Beach also offers beautiful beaches and mild-to-warm temperatures, perfect for strolling the beach and exploring the town.
5. Las Vegas: Vegas has more than just what you saw in last summer’s blockbuster hit, The Hangover. If you want to try your hand at a game of luck, Vegas has many casinos to chose from. If risking it all doesn’t appeal to you, there are many shows and events to attend, such as Cirque Du Soleil. There also regular concert performances by famous artists and enough shopping opportunities to satisfy even the biggest shopaholic.
If none of these ideas appeal to you, pull out a map, pick a place within driving distance of your hometown, and take a day trip to explore. You might not find anything, but you’ll never know unless you try.
If you want to broaden your horizons, you can also check out our list of top international Spring Break destinations.