Hey everyone! I’m going to be studying abroad in Sevilla, Spain this summer, and I want you to come with me.
Okay, so maybe I don’t mean I can literally bring you with me (Sorry, my friend Katlin already has dibs on my extra suitcase). But I am going to be making a video blog series while I’m abroad. Here’s my introduction video:
So, today is my last day here in the United States, and, in an effort to avoid packing, I have been thinking about the things I am most excited for and the things I will miss the most while I am in Spain.
I am excited to:
- Experience a new culture that is very much unlike my own. I doubt anyone will yell “Sooner” back at me if I yell “Boomer” in the streets of Sevilla (University of Oklahoma chant).
- Improve my Spanish. I admit it, I am slightly rusty with my Spanish skills. I am hoping that the language comes back to me as soon as I step off the plane, but I have a feeling I will probably mis-translate and say some embarrassing things along the way
- Meet new people. Some of my closest friends are people I met while studying in Costa Rica. I really hope to form friendships like that in Spain.
And the things I will miss:
- My puppy. Before you scoff at me, watch the video. She’s adorable!
- My family. I talk to my mom at least twice every day. Not being able to do so will be a real challenge while I’m away.
- My friends. They say you can’t pick your family, but you can pick your friends. My friends are like my family, so of course I’ll miss them.
- Diet Dr. Pepper. This really is the beverage of the gods. I could not find a single bottle of this libation when I was in Costa Rica; hopefully I’ll have better luck in Spain.
- American TV shows. Yes, they are pretty much devoid of any real cultural value, but man, I am addicted to them.
Well, that’s all for now. Stay tuned for more of my adventures in Spain and for study abroad tips for how to make the most of your international adventure.