Halloween is quickly creeping up on us, and if you are like me, you want to have the best costume of all of your friends this year! Last year, I somewhat failed on this and ended up wearing a leather jacket and going as a “Biker Chick.” That was it. Pretty creative, huh?
Well, this year is going to be different! I’ve come up with a great list of costume ideas and inspirations that I would love to share with you so that you don’t have a similar experience to mine last year.
First off, we have costumes for the ladies:
- Lady Gaga. This one leaves you plenty of room for creativity, so try to channel Gaga when you are coming up with your costume. You could copy one of her more memorable outfits (meat suit, anyone?) or come up with your own creative that Lady G would be proud of.
- Snooki. This would make a great costume for anyone because you are sure to get a reaction from your friends, no matter whether they love or hate the show. Copy Snooki’s mile-high hair, revealing clothes, and bad-girl attitude to rock this costume idea.
- Angelica Teach. The Pirates of the Carribean movies needed a new femme fatale, and they got one this summer when Penelope Cruz signed on to portray Angelica Teach. Grab yourself a pirates hat, sword, and tall black boots to complete these ensemble. Talking in a pirate voice all night is encouraged, but not required.
Gentlemen, you’ve waited your turn, so here are some suggestions for you:
- The Green Hornet or Kato. There’s nothing better than a superhero, unless it’s two superheroes! If you have a friend to partner with, this would be a great idea. Take your fashion advice from Seth Rogen and Jay Chou, who portrayed these characters in the summer film. And, no matter what, don’t forget to wear your mask!
- Captain America. If green just isn’t your color but you still want to be a superhero this Halloween, then sport the Red, White and Blue as Captain America. Being patriotic and beating the bad guys is sure to make you a popular fellow at the Halloween festivities you participate in this year.
- Egyptian or Libyan Rebel. There has been a lot of political unrest and rebellion in the past year in the Middle East, so why not commemorate it? You don’t have to travel to a foreign country like Chris Jeon to get in on the action; instead, just dress like it for Halloween!
Couples, I haven’t forgotten about you. Here are my ideas for you lovebirds:
- Katy Perry and Russell Brand. This couple provides great costume inspiration for and fun-loving couples out there. Ladies, you can dress up as a California Gurl, and gentlemen, you can dress up as any of Brand’s historical characters, such as Aldous Snow. Or you can dress up like the couple did in their late 2010 wedding in India, if you want a little more uniformity in your costumes.
- Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez. Aww, young love… It’s so sweet, innocent, and easy to turn into a fun Halloween costume! You can take this costume idea seriously, but if I were dressing up as this couple, I’d have to make it more of a joke. It’s up to you where you take it, but this costume will definitely be an entertaining one to pull off.
- William and Kate. The Royal Couple got married on April 29, 2011, and their wedding was dubbed the Wedding of the Century by many. Girls, this is your chance to dress up as a true style icon, and guys, who doesn’t want to be a prince in shining armor for their girls? Plus guys, you can bet you will score some major points with your girlfriends if you go along with this costume idea.
Sometimes it’s just more fun to dress up as a big group for Halloween. Here are some costume ideas for those of you who are going in a group:
- The Big 12 Football Teams. The good news on this one is that you don’t really need 12 people. As more and more teams announce their plans to leave this conference, you can plan your costumes accordingly.
- Smurfs. You loved them as a kid when they were on the Saturday morning cartoons, so why not embrace your inner child and dress up like a Smurf for Halloween. Paint your faces blue and everyone can go as their favorite Smurf: Papa Smurf, Smurfette, Grouchy Smurf, Brainy Smurf, etc.
- Harry Potter. When the last movie came out at midnight, there were thousands of people across the USA already sporting their Harry Potter costumes. Since there will not be another movie premiere to look forward to, pay homage to the witches and wizards of Hogwarts and wear your Harry Potter costumes again this Halloween. The best part is that if if comes down to panic time and you still haven’t found a new costume, nobody will give you grief for reusing this costume.
Well, there you go; those are my ideas. Do you have any other great costume ideas for Halloween 2011? Share them with us in the comments section below.
Image via IMDB.com