Beta Theta Pi is a fraternity that was founded on the campus of Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. Founded in 1839, Beta Theta Pi was the first fraternity to be founded west of the Allegheny Mountains. Currently chapters are active in both the United States and Canada.
Beta Theta Pi is one of the three fraternities associated with the Miami Triad, including Phi Delta Theta and Sigma Chi. The current fraternity headquarters are located in Oxford, Ohio. The first meeting with the founding members of Beta Theta Pi included John Riley Knox, Samuel Taylor Marshall, David Linton, James George Smith, Charles Henry Hardin, John Holt Duncan, Michael Clarkson Ryan and Thomas Boston Gordon.
The philanthropy of Beta Theta Pi is the Beta Theta Pi Foundation. This foundation provides members of the fraternity educational resources.
The motto of Beta Theta Pi is only revealed to its members.
- Fraternity colors are delicate shades of pink and blue
- Fraternity flowers are the roses of June or queen of the prairie
- Fraternity nickname is Beta
- Currently more than 5,000 members
- The first fraternity to publish its constitution
- Schuyler Colfax (US Vice President)
- Chris DeWolfe (CEO of MySpace)
- Donald Peterson (Former Ford CEO)
- Sam Palmisano (IBM CEO)
betha theta pie, beta theta pie, beta theata pi
Shop Beta Theta Pi