Delta Chi, or D-Chi, is a fraternity that found its beginnings on October 13, 1890 at Cornell University. Delta Chi was originally founded as a professional fraternity for law students. The fraternity is headquartered in Iowa City, Iowa and is a member of the North-American Interfraternity Conference.
There are many questions surrounding who deserves credit for the founding ideas of Delta Chi. The fraternity has accepted Albert Sullard Barnes, Myron McKee Crandall, John Milton Gorham, Peter Schermerhorn Johnson, Edward Richard O'Malley, Owen Lincoln Potter, Alphonse Derwin Stillman, Thomas A. J. Sullivan, Monroe Marsh Sweetland, Thomas David Watkins and Frederick Moore Whitney as the eleven founding members. Delta Chi has had just more than 98,000 members since the fraternity was founded.
The official philanthropy is The V Foundation for Cancer Research.
- Fraternity colors are red and buff
- Fraternity symbol is the knight-errant
- Fraternity flower is the carnation
- Delta Chi has a collection of 10 expectations for each member to uphold
- Nickname is D-Chi
- Spiritual founder of the fraternity is Sir Edward Coke
- Kevin Costner (Actor/Director/Producer)
- Ashton Kutcher (Actor)
- George Wallace (Former Alabama Governor)
- Benjamin Harrison (U.S. President)
delta kai, delta ci