Library houses Hammermill Collection of archives from Hammermill Paper Company and the family of Ernst and Mary Behrend.
- Member of library consortia.
- 119,640 books, serial backfiles, and other material including government documents.
- 596 current serial subscriptions.
- 96,904 microforms.
- 2,773 Audio/Visual items.
- 15,100 e-books.
Museums & Art
The 725-acre Arboretum at Penn State Behrend contains over 200 identified species of living trees, related flora, and an herbarium.
- Students are not required to take a computer course.
- Students are not required to own or lease a computer.
- Recommended computer operating system: Microsoft
- 325 computers for student use in locations such as computer center/labs, residence halls, library, student center
- 17 Internet connections in libraries.
- 63 Internet connections in classrooms.
- 6 Internet connections in Laboratories.
- 22 Internet connections elsewhere on campus.
- Email accounts are available to all students.
- Internet access is available to all students.
- Student web-pages are permitted.
- Online class registration is available.
- 100% of college-owned hosting units are available for internet access.
Wireless Internet Hotspots
- Wifi is available in all the libraries, in some classrooms, in administrative/faculty offices and work areas
- Campus wireless internet hotspots are not available.
- Approximately 253 students can be on the network at once.
nonremedial tutoring, placement service, day care, health service, health insurance
reading, math, writing, study skills
minority student, career, military, personal, veteran student, academic, older student, psychological, birth control, religious
co-op education, on-campus job interviews, internships, resume assistance, career/job search classes, alumni network, interest inventory, interview training
24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, student patrols, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc)