Federal depository for US government publications, patents and trademarks;
The Woodson Research Center (rare books, manuscripts, university archives);
Alice Pratt Brown Fine Arts Library
- Member of library consortia.
- 2,437,177 books, serial backfiles, and other material including government documents.
- 18,409 current serial subscriptions.
- 3,168,578 microforms.
- 51,036 Audio/Visual items.
- 24,096 e-books.
Museums & Art
James A. Baker III Hall (home of Baker Institute for Public Policy);
Alice Pratt Brown Hall (with Stude Concert Hall and Edythe Bates Hall with Grand Organ); Art Gallery; Anderson Hall (with Architecture studios); Ryon Engineering building (with civil engineering structural test bay - 5,000 sq.ft. with 20-ton overhead crane); Rice University Campus Observatory
- Students are not required to take a computer course.
- Students are not required to own or lease a computer.
- Recommended computer operating system: Other
- 523 computers for student use in locations such as computer center/labs, residence halls, library, student center
- 20 Internet connections in libraries.
- 500 Internet connections in classrooms.
- 20 Internet connections in Laboratories.
- 200 Internet connections elsewhere on campus.
- Email accounts are available to all students.
- Internet access is available to all students.
- Student web-pages are permitted.
- Online class registration is available.
- 100% of college-owned hosting units are available for internet access.
Wireless Internet Hotspots
- Wifi is available in all the libraries, in some classrooms, in computer labs, in administrative/faculty offices and work areas, in all college-owned, operated, or affiliated housing
- Campus wireless internet hotspots are not available.
- Approximately 250 students can be on the network at once.
nonremedial tutoring, women's center, placement service, health service, health insurance
minority student, career, personal, academic, psychological
on-campus job interviews, internships, resume assistance, career/job search classes, alumni network, interest inventory, interview training, other
24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc)