Fine Arts Center Library, Rare Books Room, Teaching Resources Center
- Member of library consortia.
- 135,000 books, serial backfiles, and other material including government documents.
- 694 current serial subscriptions.
- 319,030 microforms.
- 12,956 Audio/Visual items.
- 41,641 e-books.
Museums & Art
Videoconferencing Center; Old Salem living historical museum/site adjacent to the college
- Students are not required to take a computer course.
- Students are not required to own or lease a computer.
- Recommended computer operating system: Microsoft
- 56 computers for student use in locations such as computer center/labs, residence halls, library, student center
- 6 Internet connections in libraries.
- 56 Internet connections in Laboratories.
- Email accounts are available to all students.
- Internet access is available to all students.
- Student web-pages are permitted.
- Online class registration is not available.
- 100% of college-owned hosting units are available for internet access.
Wireless Internet Hotspots
- Wifi is available in some of the libraries (excluding computer labs), in some classrooms, in some of the college-owned, operated, or affiliated housing
- Campus wireless internet hotspots are not available.
- Approximately 200 students can be on the network at once.
nonremedial tutoring, health service
writing, study skills
career, personal, academic, older student, psychological, religious
internships, resume assistance, career/job search classes, alumni network, interest inventory, interview training
24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc)