There are seven on-campus libraries along with a Marine Science collection, new poetry archives, and a Spanish civil war collection.
- Member of library consortia.
- 3,071,461 books, serial backfiles, and other material including government documents.
- 25,559 current serial subscriptions.
- 3,174,476 microforms.
- 434,140 Audio/Visual items.
- 9,651 e-books.
Museums & Art
Art Galleries; Music Recording Studio; Music Experimentation Center; Audiovisual Center; U.S. Mexican Studies Center; Aquarium; Oceanographic Institute; various Research Centers; Structural Labs; SuperComputer Center; Electronic Microscopes; and, others.
- Students are not required to take a computer course.
- Students are not required to own or lease a computer.
- Recommended computer operating system: Microsoft
- 2,300 computers for student use in locations such as computer center/labs, residence halls, library, student center
- 600 Internet connections in libraries.
- 200 Internet connections in classrooms.
- 1,400 Internet connections in Laboratories.
- 100 Internet connections elsewhere on campus.
- Email accounts are available to all students.
- Internet access is available to all students.
- Student web-pages are permitted.
- Online class registration is available.
- 100% of college-owned hosting units are available for internet access.
Wireless Internet Hotspots
- Wifi is available in all the libraries, in all classrooms, in computer labs, in administrative/faculty offices and work areas, in some of the college-owned, operated, or affiliated housing
- Campus wireless internet hotspots are not available.
- Approximately 7,000 students can be on the network at once.
nonremedial tutoring, women's center, placement service, day care, health service, health insurance, other
minority student, career, military, personal, veteran student, academic, older student, psychological, birth control, religious
on-campus job interviews, internships, resume assistance, career/job search classes, alumni network, interest inventory, interview training, other
24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, student patrols, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc)