Undergraduate library, School of Government library, Art, botany, chemistry, geology, health sciences, information/library science, law, math/physics, music, planning, and zoology libaries, Southern historical and North Carolina collections, American South digital collection, rare book collection
- Member of library consortia.
- 5,710,686 books, serial backfiles, and other material including government documents.
- 53,444 current serial subscriptions.
- 4,987,306 microforms.
- 316,829 Audio/Visual items.
- 1,325 e-books.
Museums & Art
Art museum, National Public Radio station, outdoor drama, Latin American studies, and marine science institutes, anthropology research lab, garden classrooms, arboretum, botanical garden, planetarium
- Students are not required to take a computer course.
- Students are required to own or lease a computer.
- Recommended computer operating system: Microsoft
- 840 computers for student use in locations such as computer center/labs, residence halls, library, student center
- 2,475 Internet connections in libraries.
- 700 Internet connections in classrooms.
- 260 Internet connections in Laboratories.
- 7,000 Internet connections elsewhere on campus.
- Email accounts are available to all students.
- Internet access is available to all students.
- Student web-pages are permitted.
- Online class registration is available.
- 100% of college-owned hosting units are available for internet access.
Wireless Internet Hotspots
- Wifi is available in all the libraries, in some classrooms, in computer labs, in administrative/faculty offices and work areas, in some of the college-owned, operated, or affiliated housing
- Campus wireless internet hotspots are not available.
- Approximately 18,030 students can be on the network at once.
nonremedial tutoring, women's center, placement service, day care, health service, health insurance
math, writing, study skills
minority student, career, military, personal, veteran student, academic, older student, psychological, birth control, religious, other
on-campus job interviews, internships, resume assistance, career/job search classes, alumni network, interest inventory, interview training, other
24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, student patrols, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc)