University of the Cumberlands
Owens Religious Collection, Steele-Reese Appalachian Collection, Children's Collection.
- Member of library consortia.
- 201,423 books, serial backfiles, and other material including government documents.
- 24,793 current serial subscriptions.
- 817,038 microforms.
- 2,674 Audio/Visual items.
- 689 e-books.
Museums & Art
Life science museum, greenhouse, conference center and inn, art gallery.
- Students are required to take a computer course.
- Students are not required to own or lease a computer.
- Recommended computer operating system: Microsoft
- 400 computers for student use in locations such as computer center/labs, residence halls, library
- 50 Internet connections in libraries.
- 106 Internet connections in classrooms.
- 250 Internet connections in Laboratories.
- 1,200 Internet connections elsewhere on campus.
- Email accounts are available to all students.
- Internet access is available to all students.
- Student web-pages are not permitted.
- Online class registration is not available.
- 100% of college-owned hosting units are available for internet access.
Wireless Internet Hotspots
- Wifi is available in all the libraries, in some classrooms
- Campus wireless internet hotspots are not available.
- Approximately 150 students can be on the network at once.
co-op education, on-campus job interviews, internships, resume assistance, interest inventory, interview training
24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, lighted pathways/sidewalks
- The school offers housing for students.
- 67% of students live in school housing.
- The school does not provide assistance for off-campus housing.
Types of housing available
- 10% of housing units are Singles.
- 80% of housing units are Doubles.
- 10% of housing units are Triples.
- In total, there are 10 housing buildings.
- 50% of rooms are equipped with sprinkler systems.
- 100% of rooms are equipped with fire alarms.
- 100% are equipped with high-speed internet connections.
- 40% of students remain on campus over the weekends, on average.
- Alcohol is not permitted on campus.
- Popular events on campus: Welcome Week, Spring Fever, Madrigals, and Hanging of the Green
- Student activities: choral groups, concert band, dance, drama/theater, jazz band, literary magazine, marching band, music ensembles, musical theater, pep band, radio station, student government, student newspaper, television station
- In total, there are about 45 organizations on campus.
- Honor societies: Alpha Lambda Delta, Beta Beta Beta Biological Society, Eta Beta Rho, Kappa Mu Epsilon, Phi Alpha Theta, Pi Kappa Delta, Psi Chi, Sigma Delta Pi, Sigma Tau Delta, Theta Alpha Kappa, and Alpha Psi Omega
- Religious organizations: (Appears as submitted by school) Baptist Campus Ministries
- Other organizations: (Appears as submitted by school) American Chemical Society Student Affiliates, Art Club, Appalachian Ministries, Campus Prayer Ministry, Celebration, Creative Ministries, C. H. O. S. E. N. , Discipleship, Dorm Devotions, Drama, Fellowship/Coffee House, Freshman Council, International Outreach, Missions, BSU Music, BSU Revival Teams, Special Children's Ministry, Women on Mission, Campus Activity Board, Campus Ambassadors, Collegiate Music Educators National Conference, Council for Exceptional Children, Dance Team, FCA, F. R. I. E. N. D. S. , Intramural Activities, Knight Mentor, Mathematics and Physics Club, Mountain Outreach, Marching Band, N. E. A. S. P. , Philosophy Club, Residence Hall Council, Sports Medicine club, SGA, and The Lamp.
- Student papers: (Appears as submitted by school) The Patriot (monthly)
- Nearest airport(s) (distance in miles): Knoxville, TN (65), Lexington, KY (100)
- Nearest train(s) (distance in miles): Cincinnati, Ohio (180)
- Nearest bus-station(s) (distance in miles): Corbin, KY (20)
- Public transportation does not serve the campus.
- All students are permitted to have cars on campus.
- 89% of students have a car on campus
- School employment is available.
- 12% of undergrads are employed with average earnings of 2,992
- Freshman are not discouraged from working.
- There are 0 fraternities
- 0 fraternity houses
- 0% of students are fraternity members
- There are 0 sororities
- 0 sorority houses
- 0% of students are sorority members.
- Army ROTC: Offered on campus
- Navy ROTC: Not offered
- Airforce ROTC: Not offered
class attendance mandatory, hazing prohibited