University of Wisconsin-Madison
Art Library (Kohler), Astronomy Library, Biology Library, Business Library, Center for Cooperatives, Chemistry Library, CIMC (Center for Instructional Materials and Computing), Clinical Science Library, College Library (Helen C. White), Cooperative Children's Book Center (CCBC), Geography Library, Geology and Geophysics Library, Health Sciences Library (W.S. Middleton)
Historical Library, Journalism Reading Room, Law Library, Learning Support Services (LSS),Limnology Reading Room, Math Library, Max Kade Institute for German-American Studies, Memorial Library, Music Library (Mills), Pharmacy Library (F.B. Power), Physics Library, Plant Pathology Library, Primate Center Library, Robinson Map Library (Arthur H.), Ruth Ketterer Harris Library, School of Library & Information Studies Library (SLIS), Social Science Reference Library, Social Work Library, Space Science and Engineering, Steenbock Library, Water Resources Library, Wendt Library
- Member of library consortia.
- 7,348,117 books, serial backfiles, and other material including government documents.
- 55,164 current serial subscriptions.
- 6,196,062 microforms.
- 6,412,315 Audio/Visual items.
- 459,427 e-books.
Museums & Art
See www.wisc.edu/visitingCampus/for complete information
- Students are not required to take a computer course.
- Students are not required to own or lease a computer.
- 3,300 computers for student use in locations such as computer center/labs, residence halls, library, student center
- Email accounts are available to all students.
- Internet access is available to all students.
- Student web-pages are permitted.
- Online class registration is available.
- 100% of college-owned hosting units are available for internet access.
Wireless Internet Hotspots
- Wifi is available in some of the libraries (excluding computer labs), in some classrooms, in computer labs, in administrative/faculty offices and work areas
nonremedial tutoring, women's center, placement service, day care, health service, health insurance
minority student, career, military, personal, veteran student, academic, older student, psychological, birth control
co-op education, on-campus job interviews, internships, resume assistance, career/job search classes, alumni network, interest inventory, interview training
24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, student patrols, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc)
- The school offers housing for students.
- 26% of students live in school housing.
- The school will provide assistance for off-campus housing
Types of housing available
- In total, there are 14 housing buildings.
- 29% of rooms are equipped with sprinkler systems.
- 100% of rooms are equipped with fire alarms.
- 100% are equipped with high-speed internet connections.
- Alcohol is permitted on campus.
- Student activities: choral groups, concert band, dance, drama/theater, jazz band, literary magazine, marching band, music ensembles, musical theater, opera, pep band, radio station, student government, student newspaper, student film society, symphony orchestra, television station, yearbook
- In total, there are about 729 organizations on campus.
- Honor societies: http: //soo. studentorg. wisc. edu/sooform/search/default. asp
- Student papers: (Appears as submitted by school) The Daily Cardinal (daily); The Badger Herald (daily)
- Nearest airport(s) (distance in miles): Chicago (130), Madison (4)
- Nearest bus-station(s) (distance in miles): Madison (1)
- Public transportation serves the campus.
- Not all students are permitted to have cars on campus.
- 0% of students have a car on campus
- School employment is available.
- Freshman are not discouraged from working.
- There are 26 fraternities
- 9% of students are fraternity members
- There are 11 sororities
- 8% of students are sorority members.
- Army ROTC: Offered on campus
- Navy ROTC: Offered on campus
- Airforce ROTC: Offered on campus
class attendance policies set by individual instructors, hazing prohibited, other