Over 40 libraries - Sterling Memorial Library, Cross Campus Library, Irving S. Gilmore Music Library, Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Seeley G. Mudd Library, Kline Science Library, plus departmental and professional school libraries, as well as libraries in each of the 12 residential colleges.
- Member of library consortia.
- 12,025,695 books, serial backfiles, and other material including government documents.
- 76,022 current serial subscriptions.
- 10,000,000 microforms.
- 248,680 Audio/Visual items.
Museums & Art
Yale University Art Gallery, Yale Center for British Art, Collection of Musical Instruments, Eli Whitney Museum, Knights of Columbus Headquarters Museum and Archive, New Haven Colony Historical Society, Pardee-Morris House, Peabody Museum of Natural History, Shoreline Trolly Museum.
- Students are not required to take a computer course.
- Students are not required to own or lease a computer.
- 400 computers for student use in locations such as computer center/labs, residence halls, library, student center
- 800 Internet connections in libraries.
- 150 Internet connections in classrooms.
- 200 Internet connections in Laboratories.
- 200 Internet connections elsewhere on campus.
- Email accounts are available to all students.
- Internet access is available to all students.
- Student web-pages are permitted.
- Online class registration is available.
- 100% of college-owned hosting units are available for internet access.
Wireless Internet Hotspots
- Wifi is available in some of the libraries (excluding computer labs), in some classrooms, in computer labs, in administrative/faculty offices and work areas, in some of the college-owned, operated, or affiliated housing
- Campus wireless internet hotspots are not available.
- Approximately 8,000 students can be on the network at once.
nonremedial tutoring, women's center, placement service, health service, health insurance
minority student, career, military, personal, academic, older student, psychological, birth control, religious
on-campus job interviews, internships, resume assistance, career/job search classes, alumni network, interview training
24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc)