For most people, $50,000 is an awful lot of money. In fact, in the United States, the average yearly income of all households is a little over $50,000. So it can be quite a shock to see that the most expensive colleges and universities in the United States actually cost about $50,000 a year when you figure in tuition, room, and board.
Here are the most outrageously expensive places to go to college in the United States. These figures include tuition, room, and board.
1. Sarah Lawrence College, Yonkers, NY: $53,166
2. George Washington University, Washington, D.C.: $50,312
3. New York University , New York City: $50,182
4. Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.: $49,689
5. Connecticut College, New London, CT: $49,385
6. Bates College, Lewiston, ME: $49,350
7. Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD: $49,278
8. Skidmore College, Sarasota Springs, NY: $49,266
9. Scripps College, Claremont, CA: $49,236
10. Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT: $49,210