Sometimes it can be very easy to get wrapped up in the stresses of preparing for finals. Most students have less than one month until the end of the semester, which means just a mere 30 days until those all-night cram sessions and 11-page papers that you haven’t even started yet.
Yes, it is very easy to get stressed out this time of the year and only see the negative side of things.
But, Thanksgiving is a holiday for being thankful for all of life’s blessings, big and small. If you are having trouble seeing the sun between the clouds right now, take some time to read this list and think of some things that you are thankful for.
1. Family and friends. These are the people that make up your closest social circle. Sure, they can cause drama and sometimes we just want to escape them for a while. But let’s be honest, our lives would never be the same without them.
2. Education and the opportunity to learn. Can you imagine if we were born knowing everything there was to know about life already? There would be no fun in finding out new things and learning new talents. School can be stressful and a pain at times, but life sure would be boring without the ability to gain new knowledge.
3. Somewhere to live. You might be living in a 12 x 12 dorm room and your roommate might snore all night long and play annoying music until 3:00 a.m. But at least you are not sleeping under a bridge, and you have central heat and running water. Little things like this often go unnoticed, but there are millions of people around the world who do not have these luxuries.
4. The Internet. Beyond the obvious procrastination benefits, the Internet has made our lives so much easier. We can look up things we did not understand in our class, conduct research for projects or papers, and keep in touch with people who we do not usually get to see.
5. Thanksgiving break. Only five words are needed to explain why you should be incredibly thankful for this one: Three days off of school.
So try to stay cheerful this holiday season and be thankful for the blessings you have.