ACT, Inc. is the official site for the ACT test. Not only does it describe in detail the design and purpose for ACT, but it also familiarizes you with additional resources. For instance, did you know that there is a test called EXPLORE? This is, in effect, a junior ACT test designed to prepare 8th and 9th graders for the eventuality of taking their own college-entrance exams.
Furthermore, the ACT Organization provides what is called, the EPAS System, (Educational Planning and Assessment System), a tool for junior high and high school educators, that helps them prepare students for either college or the workplace.
Of particular help to parents, and to juniors and seniors in high school, is to take the time to explore the “College Readiness Standards.”
Also available at this site, “Information for Parents,” “Information for Adult Learners,” “Information for International Students,” and, for colleges, “The Scholarship and Recognition Program Management Tool.”
– Valuable information concerning the reasoning behind college entrance exams
– Information for Parents to help them prepare their student for the examination process
– Parent Newsletter available
– Student Blog
– College Planning Information
– Career Options Information
– Links to college related articles and reference material
– Financial Aid information link
– No tutoring or test preparation available from this site
There is no charge for exploring the resources available on this site. There is a fee associated with taking the ACT exam.
This site is primarily directed toward college entrants.
This subject is addressed only insofar as test preparation for students 8th through 12th grade.
It is always encouraging to see a well-respected organization provide information to the public concerning their focus, goals and methodology. This site incorporates all those factors, while also successfully integrating the parent’s desire for additional resources.
A.C.T, ACT Tets, ACT.com