Kappa Alpha fraternity was founded in 1825 and was the first of the fraternities that would form the Union Triad, along with Sigma Phi and Delta Phi, which are known as the pioneers of North American fraternities. Kappa Alpha has been able to maintain a continuous existence since its foundation, which makes it the oldest undergrad fraternity in existence. The fraternity headquarters are located in Ithaca, New York and there are seven active chapters in existence. Kappa Alpha has had as many as 14 active chapters at one time.kappa alpha
The Kappa Alpha fraternity was originally founded by John Hart Hunter along with other members John McGeoch, Isaac W. Jackson, Thomas Hun, Orlando Meads, James Proudfit, Joseph Anthony Constant, Arthur Burtis and Joseph Law on the campus of Union College in Schenectady, New York.
The philanthropy for Kappa Alpha fraternity is the John Hart Hunter Educational Foundation.
The Kappa Alpha motto is only available to those who are in the fraternity.
– Fraternity color is scarlet
– Fraternity symbol is the Kappa Alpha key
– Fraternity flower is the carnation
– Kappa Alpha was highly selective and only added one chapter per decade the first 150 years of existence
– Nickname is KAadolph coors
– Adolph Coors III (Executive – Coors Brewing)
– Joseph Coors (Executive – Coors Brewing)
– Lewis Henry Morgan (Father of Anthropology)
– William John Bennett (Former Secretary of Education)
kapa alpha, kappa alfa, kappa alpha order, kappa alpha society, KA