Art Institute of Houston
- 89% have a job after 6 months
- N/A have a job after 1 year
- N/A have a job after 2 years
Room and Board
The Library inside the school contains over 24,800 separately cataloged items and 2,850 multimedia titles. We currently offer 167 separate subscriptions to professional journals and magazines in all program areas offered. We subscribe to five electronic dtabases including one electronic encyclopedia, which provides access to over 12,000 journal publications. In addition to its specialized colelctions, the Library provides meeting and study space, video viewing stations, copier service, and research assistance.
- Member of library consortia.
- 24,800 books, serial backfiles, and other material including government documents.
- 167 current serial subscriptions.
Museums & Art
The school also has access to Museum of Fine Arts Houston’s Hirsch Library for Art Research.
- Students are required to take a computer course.
- Students are not required to own or lease a computer.
- Recommended computer operating system: Mac
- 300 computers for student use in locations such as computer center/labs, residence halls, library
- 50 Internet connections in libraries.
- 100 Internet connections in classrooms.
- 150 Internet connections in Laboratories.
- Email accounts are available to all students.
- Internet access is available to all students.
- Student web-pages are not permitted.
- Online class registration is available.
- 100% of college-owned hosting units are available for internet access.
reading, math, writing, study skills
co-op education, on-campus job interviews, internships, resume assistance, career/job search classes, alumni network, interview training
- The school offers housing for students.
- 11% of students live in school housing.
- The school will provide assistance for off-campus housing
Types of housing available
- 100% of housing units are Apartments.
- In total, there are 1 housing buildings.
- 100% of rooms are equipped with sprinkler systems.
- 100% of rooms are equipped with fire alarms.
- 100% are equipped with high-speed internet connections.
- 25% of students remain on campus over the weekends, on average.
- Alcohol is not permitted on campus.
- Popular events on campus: Portfolio Show, Open House, ArtCar Parade, Asian Pacific American Heritage Association Exhibition, Dodge Ball Tournament, Career Catwalk, gallery openings and shows, brown bag lecture series
- Student activities: literary magazine, student government, student newspaper, student film society
- In total, there are about 3 organizations on campus.
- Honor societies: National Technical Honor Society
- Religious organizations: (Appears as submitted by school) AIH Christian Fellowship
- International organizations: (Appears as submitted by school) 0
- Other organizations: (Appears as submitted by school) ASID student chapter, AIGA student chapter, Great Chefs Club
- Student papers: (Appears as submitted by school) artlog (quarterly)
- Nearest airport(s) (distance in miles): Houston (30)
- Nearest bus-station(s) (distance in miles): HOUSTON (10)
- Public transportation serves the campus.
- All students are permitted to have cars on campus.
- 89% of students have a car on campus
- School employment is available.
- 5% of undergrads are employed with average earnings of 7,200
- Freshman are not discouraged from working.
- There are 0 fraternities
- 0 fraternity houses
- There are 0 sororities
- 0 sorority houses
- Army ROTC: Not offered
- Navy ROTC: Not offered
- Airforce ROTC: Not offered
class attendance mandatory, honor code, hazing prohibited, smoking prohibited