On line request and delivery of interlibrary loan articles. Patron generated library loan request for books and journal articles. Audio-visual area with more than 50 listening/viewing stations.
- Member of library consortia.
- 591,630 books, serial backfiles, and other material including government documents.
- 25,703 current serial subscriptions.
- 300,775 microforms.
- 34,267 Audio/Visual items.
Museums & Art
Edmund S. Muskie Archives, Olin Arts Center, Bates College Museum of Art, Lavinia Miriam Schaeffer Theater, Stephens Observatory 0.32 meter reflecting telescope, Spitz A-3 planetarium
- Students are not required to take a computer course.
- Students are not required to own or lease a computer.
- 414 computers for student use in locations such as computer center/labs, residence halls, library, student center
- 275 Internet connections in libraries.
- 60 Internet connections in classrooms.
- 9 Internet connections in Laboratories.
- 64 Internet connections elsewhere on campus.
- Email accounts are available to all students.
- Internet access is available to all students.
- Student web-pages are permitted.
- Online class registration is available.
- 100% of college-owned hosting units are available for internet access.
Wireless Internet Hotspots
- Wifi is available in all the libraries, in some classrooms, in computer labs, in administrative/faculty offices and work areas, in all college-owned, operated, or affiliated housing
- Campus wireless internet hotspots are not available.
- Approximately 3,500 students can be on the network at once.
nonremedial tutoring, women’s center, placement service, health service, health insurance
minority student, career, personal, academic, older student, psychological, birth control, religious
on-campus job interviews, internships, resume assistance, career/job search classes, alumni network, interest inventory, interview training
24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, student patrols, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc)