$16,158 / year
Room and Board
In addition to the collection at the main facility, the John Brown University Library has specialized collections in six branch locations: Career Development; The Center for Relationship Enhancement; Construction Management; Engineering; Music; and the Soderquist Center for Business and Ethics. Other special collections include the Romig Juvenile Collection and the J. Vernon McGee Collection.
- Member of library consortia.
- 102,031 books, serial backfiles, and other material including government documents.
- 751 current serial subscriptions.
- 66,363 microforms.
- 11,097 Audio/Visual items.
- 5,000 e-books.
Museums & Art
The University Archives houses items related to the history and alumni of John Brown University.
- Students are not required to take a computer course.
- Students are not required to own or lease a computer.
- Recommended computer operating system: Microsoft
- 225 computers for student use in locations such as computer center/labs, residence halls, library, student center
- 16 Internet connections in libraries.
- 55 Internet connections in classrooms.
- 250 Internet connections in Laboratories.
- 8 Internet connections elsewhere on campus.
- Email accounts are available to all students.
- Internet access is available to all students.
- Student web-pages are permitted.
- Online class registration is available.
- 95% of college-owned hosting units are available for internet access.
Wireless Internet Hotspots
- Wifi is available in all the libraries, in some classrooms, in computer labs, in administrative/faculty offices and work areas, in some of the college-owned, operated, or affiliated housing
- Campus wireless internet hotspots are not available.
- Approximately 600 students can be on the network at once.
nonremedial tutoring, health service
reading, math, writing, study skills
minority student, career, personal, academic, older student, psychological, birth control, religious
co-op education, on-campus job interviews, internships, resume assistance, career/job search classes, alumni network, interest inventory, interview training
24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, lighted pathways/sidewalks, student patrols, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc)