$10,930 / year
Room and Board
- Member of library consortia.
- 334,621 books, serial backfiles, and other material including government documents.
- 380 current serial subscriptions.
- 116,433 microforms.
- 4,048 Audio/Visual items.
- 41,957 e-books.
Museums & Art
The Martin Performing Arts Center houses a flexible theatre space, costume shop, scenery shop, large rehearsal space, dressing rooms, property/costume/scenery storage areas, as well as a television studio, two sound studios, and a student-run radio station. The Weathersby Fine Arts Building features an exhibition gallery with adjacent storeroom, a 151-seat recital hall, and a band rehearsal room. The James and Mary Baker Health and Wellness Center is a 33,000 square foot fitness facility housing a four lane lap pool, a pool for therapy, exercise classes, a gymnasium, areas for free weights and stationary exercise equipment, an aerobic studio, racquetball courts, walking track and child care area.
- Students are required to take a computer course.
- Students are not required to own or lease a computer.
- 242 computers for student use in locations such as computer center/labs, residence halls, library, student center
- Email accounts are available to all students.
- Internet access is available to all students.
- Student web-pages are not permitted.
- Online class registration is not available.
- 100% of college-owned hosting units are available for internet access.
nonremedial tutoring, placement service, health service
career, personal, academic, religious
resume assistance, career/job search classes, interest inventory, interview training
24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service
- The school offers housing for students.
- The school will provide assistance for off-campus housing
Types of housing available
- 3% of housing units are Singles.
- 59% of housing units are Doubles.
- 2% of housing units are Triples.
- 36% of housing units are Apartments.
- In total, there are 6 housing buildings.
- 50% of rooms are equipped with sprinkler systems.
- 100% of rooms are equipped with fire alarms.
- 100% are equipped with high-speed internet connections.
- 55% of students remain on campus over the weekends, on average.
- Alcohol is not permitted on campus.
- Popular events on campus: Wildcat Welcome Week, Parent’s Weekend & Cochon de Lait, Mom’s Weekend, Homecoming
- Student activities: choral groups, concert band, drama/theater, jazz band, literary magazine, music ensembles, musical theater, opera, pep band, radio station, student government, student newspaper, yearbook
- In total, there are about 65 organizations on campus.
- Honor societies: Alpha Chi, Alpha Epsilon Delta, Alpha Kappa Delta, Alpha Lambda Delta, Alpha Mu Gamma, Alpha Psi Omega, Delta Mu Delta, Kappa Delta Pi, Nu Tau, Omicron Delta Kappa, Phi Alpha, Psi Chi, Sigma Tau Delta
- Religious organizations: (Appears as submitted by school) Baptist Collegiate Ministries, Church Vocation Fellowship, Pentecostal Student Fellowship, Jacob’s Society, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Firestarters, Women on Mission, Campus Baptist Men
- International organizations: (Appears as submitted by school) International Student Organization, Breaking All Barriers
- Other organizations: (Appears as submitted by school) Student Government, Union Board, Social Work Club, Magna Carta, Student Nurses Association, Habitat for Humanity, Psychology Club, Society for the Advancement of Management, Chess Club, Martial Arts Club
- Student papers: (Appears as submitted by school) The Wildcat/once per week
- Nearest airport(s) (distance in miles): Alexandria, LA (10)
- Nearest bus-station(s) (distance in miles): Alexandria, LA (4)
- All students are permitted to have cars on campus.
- 85% of students have a car on campus
- School employment is available.
- 5% of undergrads are employed with average earnings of 2,300
- Freshman are not discouraged from working.
- There are 3 fraternities
- 0 fraternity houses
- There are 4 sororities
- 0 sorority houses
- Army ROTC: Offered on campus
- Navy ROTC: Not offered
- Airforce ROTC: Not offered
class attendance mandatory, honor code, hazing prohibited