$2,258 / year
$7,149 / year
Room and Board
The Albert Gore, Sr. Center. The papers from the late Albert Gore, Sr. Senator D-Tennessee (father of vice president Al Gore).
- Member of library consortia.
- 748,888 books, serial backfiles, and other material including government documents.
- 4,144 current serial subscriptions.
- 1,301,582 microforms.
- 143,104 e-books.
Museums & Art
Center of Excellence for Popular Music. Contains the largest collection of music collections and broadsides in the country. Over 3,300 19th century song broadsides (broadsides were newspapers of their day chronicling American politics, religion, music, gossip, etc.) A demonstration may be viewed at http://popmusic.mtsu.edu/dbtw-wpd/testbase/broadsides.htm Center of Excellence for Historic Preservation. The first Historic Preservation program at a U.S. university. After 37 years the program, which was unique when it began at MTSU in 1973, is a leader among the more than 50 such programs across the country.
- Students are not required to take a computer course.
- Students are not required to own or lease a computer.
- Recommended computer operating system: Microsoft
- 2,300 computers for student use in locations such as computer center/labs, residence halls, library, student center
- 700 Internet connections in libraries.
- 700 Internet connections in classrooms.
- 2,000 Internet connections in Laboratories.
- 250 Internet connections elsewhere on campus.
- Email accounts are available to all students.
- Internet access is available to all students.
- Student web-pages are permitted.
- Online class registration is available.
- 100% of college-owned hosting units are available for internet access.
Wireless Internet Hotspots
- Wifi is available in all the libraries, in some classrooms, in computer labs, in administrative/faculty offices and work areas, in some of the college-owned, operated, or affiliated housing
- Campus wireless internet hotspots are not available.
- Approximately 5,000 students can be on the network at once.
nonremedial tutoring, women’s center, placement service, day care, health service, health insurance
reading, math, writing, study skills, other
minority student, career, military, personal, veteran student, academic, older student, psychological
co-op education, on-campus job interviews, internships, resume assistance, interest inventory, interview training
24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc)