Missouri Southern State University
- 85% have a job after 6 months
- N/A have a job after 1 year
- N/A have a job after 2 years
$4,096 / year
$7,996 / year
Room and Board
Cyber Coffee Shop (Starbuck’s Coffee), Quiet Room, Law Library, Congressional Papers of Gene Taylor, Tri Sate Mining Maps, Papers of Dr. Arrell Gibson a prominent western historian
- Member of library consortia.
- 234,291 books, serial backfiles, and other material including government documents.
- 533 current serial subscriptions.
- 754,023 microforms.
- 14,057 Audio/Visual items.
- 8,217 e-books.
Museums & Art
Spiva Art Museum, Crime Lab, Indoor “Live Fire” Firearms Range, Biology Pond, Thomas E. Taylor Performing Arts Center, Bud Walton Black Box Theatre, MO Southern Broadcast Station (TV & Radio Station), Small Business Development Center, Child Development Center, Graduate Center, Health Center, Greenhouse, International Trade & Quality Center, Bookstore, Lion’s Den, Learning Center, International Language Resource Center, Edward Jones Investment Center
- Students are required to take a computer course.
- Students are not required to own or lease a computer.
- Recommended computer operating system: Microsoft
- 499 computers for student use in locations such as computer center/labs, residence halls, library, student center
- 80 Internet connections in libraries.
- 449 Internet connections in Laboratories.
- Email accounts are available to all students.
- Internet access is available to all students.
- Student web-pages are permitted.
- Online class registration is available.
- 100% of college-owned hosting units are available for internet access.
Wireless Internet Hotspots
- Wifi is available in all the libraries, in all classrooms, in computer labs, in administrative/faculty offices and work areas, in all college-owned, operated, or affiliated housing
nonremedial tutoring, placement service, day care, health service, health insurance
reading, math, writing, study skills
career, personal, veteran student, academic
on-campus job interviews, resume assistance, career/job search classes, alumni network, interest inventory, interview training
24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc)
- The school offers housing for students.
- 12% of students live in school housing.
- The school does not provide assistance for off-campus housing.
Types of housing available
- In total, there are 11 housing buildings.
- 0% of rooms are equipped with sprinkler systems.
- 100% of rooms are equipped with fire alarms.
- 100% are equipped with high-speed internet connections.
- Alcohol is not permitted on campus.
- Popular events on campus: Earth Day, Spring Fling, Career Fair, Homecoming, Natural High Week, Welcome Week, Job Expo, Missouri Southern International Piano Competition, Natural History Day, Spanish Language Village, Finals Madness, Graduation Expo, Education Job Fair, International Themed Semesters (Mexico Semester, etc. )
- Student activities: choral groups, concert band, dance, drama/theater, jazz band, literary magazine, marching band, music ensembles, musical theater, pep band, radio station, student government, student newspaper, student film society, symphony orchestra, television station
- In total, there are about 95 organizations on campus.
- Honor societies: Alpha Kappa Delta, Alpha Phi Sigma, Alpha Psi Omega, Epsilon Mu Sigma, Kappa Delta Pi, Omicron Delta Kappa, Phi Alpha Theta, Phi Eta Sigma, Pi Gamma Mu, Psi Chi, Sigma Tau Delta, Phi Omega Pi, Phi Beta Lamda, Alpha Phi Sigma, Kappa Mu Epsilon, Alpha Epsilon Rho
- Religious organizations: (Appears as submitted by school) Baptist Student Union, Catholic Campus Ministry, Chi Alpha Christian, Koinonia – Christian Campus Ministry, Latter Day Saints Student Association, Campus Crusade for Christ, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, TIOSHPA, Wesley Foundation
- International organizations: (Appears as submitted by school) International Club, Russian Club, International Reading Association, Interntional Film Society, International Business Club, Spanish Club, Native American Student Association, German Club, French Club, Model United Nations, Collegiate Foreign Language Association
- Other organizations: (Appears as submitted by school) Campus Activities Board, Crossroads, Residence Hall Association, Accounting Club, Southern Concepts Ad Club, Art League, Biology Club, Investment Club, Society for Public Administration, Public Relations Student Society of American, Criminal Justice Student Association, Student American Dental Hygiene Association, Association for the Education of Young Children, Collegiate Middle Level Assoc. , Student MO State Teachers Assoc. , Technology in Education, World Issues for Study by Educators, Kinesiology Club, Math Club, Student Nurses Assoc. , College Democrats, B-Glad, College Republicans, Current Issues in Science, Lambda Epsilon Chi, Coalition Against Child Abuse, Gang Green, Older Wiser Learners, Orientation Leaders Club, Southern Ambassadors, Southern IMPACT, Spirit Squad (Cheerleaders & Dance), Student Alumni Assoc. , Student Athlete Advisory Council, Students in Free Enterprise, Psychology Club, Geography Club, Philosophy Club, Six Sigma, Teacher Education Executive Council, Preprofessional Students Club, Manufacturing Tech Club, Society of Manufacturing Engineers, Student Senate, MO Southern Human Resources Student Chapter, Kappa Alpha Order Fraternity, Sigma Pi Fraternity, Panhellenic Council, Zeta Tou Alpha Sorority, Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority, IRTS/AERho (broadcasting), Marketing Club, National Alliance for the Mentally Ill, Modern Communications Club, Environmental Health Club, Social Science Club, Guitar Club, Live Poets Society, Rotoract, American Production Inventory Control Society, Council for Exceptional Children, Collegiate Music Educators National Conference, Computer Science League, Dance Team, History Club, Women in Business
- Student papers: (Appears as submitted by school) The Chart, Crossroads Magazine
- Nearest airport(s) (distance in miles): Tulsa, Oklahoma (117), Joplin, Missouri
- Nearest bus-station(s) (distance in miles): Joplin, Missouri
- Public transportation does not serve the campus.
- All students are permitted to have cars on campus.
- School employment is available.
- Freshman are not discouraged from working.
- There are 2 fraternities
- 0 fraternity houses
- 1% of students are fraternity members
- There are 2 sororities
- 0 sorority houses
- 1% of students are sorority members.
- Army ROTC: Not offered
- Navy ROTC: Not offered
- Airforce ROTC: Not offered
class attendance policies set by individual instructors, hazing prohibited