$4,870 / year
$12,950 / year
Room and Board
Appalachia/Kentucky; Jesse Stuart; James Still; Roger W. Barbour
- Member of library consortia.
- 522,673 books, serial backfiles, and other material including government documents.
- 3,046 current serial subscriptions.
- 819,736 microforms.
- 22,194 Audio/Visual items.
- 47,096 e-books.
Museums & Art
Kentucky Folk Art Museum, planetarium, 320-acre agriculture complex, 50-acre outdoor learning center at Cave Run Lake, Space Science Center, radio telescope
- Students are required to take a computer course.
- Students are not required to own or lease a computer.
- Recommended computer operating system: Microsoft
- 1,000 computers for student use in locations such as computer center/labs, residence halls, library, student center
- 96 Internet connections in libraries.
- 624 Internet connections in classrooms.
- 1,100 Internet connections in Laboratories.
- 2,400 Internet connections elsewhere on campus.
- Email accounts are available to all students.
- Internet access is available to all students.
- Student web-pages are permitted.
- Online class registration is available.
- 100% of college-owned hosting units are available for internet access.
Wireless Internet Hotspots
- Wifi is available in all the libraries, in all classrooms, in computer labs, in administrative/faculty offices and work areas, in some of the college-owned, operated, or affiliated housing
- Campus wireless internet hotspots are not available.
- Approximately 124,000 students can be on the network at once.
nonremedial tutoring, day care, health service, health insurance
reading, math, writing, study skills
career, personal, veteran student, academic, older student, birth control
co-op education, on-campus job interviews, resume assistance, career/job search classes, interest inventory, interview training
24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc)