$24,380 / year
Room and Board
Lynchburg Information Online Network (LION) provides automated access to the Lipscomb Library collection as well as access to materials from Sweet Briar College and the Lynchburg Public Library. Interlibrary loan is provided without charge. Worldwide information sources may be accessed via national automated networks and the Internet. The Lipscomb Library’s special collections include the Pearl S. Buck Collection, the Lininger Children’s Book Collection, the Watts Rare Book Room, the Charlotte Cushman Collection, the collection of Virginia writers, as well as audiovisual rooms, and a videocassette and DVD collection.
- Member of library consortia.
- 198,000 books, serial backfiles, and other material including government documents.
- 520 current serial subscriptions.
- 203,000 microforms.
- 3,400 Audio/Visual items.
- 25,000 e-books.
Museums & Art
Maier Museum of American ArtWinfree ObservatoryEquestrian CenterNature Preserves (2)Botanical Garden
- Students are not required to take a computer course.
- Students are not required to own or lease a computer.
- Recommended computer operating system: Microsoft
- 150 computers for student use in locations such as computer center/labs, residence halls, library, student center
- 15 Internet connections in libraries.
- 35 Internet connections in classrooms.
- 150 Internet connections in Laboratories.
- 10 Internet connections elsewhere on campus.
- Email accounts are available to all students.
- Internet access is available to all students.
- Student web-pages are permitted.
- Online class registration is not available.
- 100% of college-owned hosting units are available for internet access.
Wireless Internet Hotspots
- Wifi is available in some of the libraries (excluding computer labs), in all the libraries, in some classrooms, in administrative/faculty offices and work areas, in some of the college-owned, operated, or affiliated housing
- Campus wireless internet hotspots are not available.
- Approximately 100 students can be on the network at once.
nonremedial tutoring, health service
writing, study skills
minority student, career, personal, academic, older student, psychological, birth control
on-campus job interviews, internships, resume assistance, career/job search classes, alumni network, interest inventory, interview training, other
24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc)