$3,592 / year
$9,384 / year
Room and Board
Archives: Ex-Slave Reports (Slave Narratives); Archives: Southern University Presidential Papers; Camille S. Shade African American Collection
- Member of library consortia.
- 807,728 books, serial backfiles, and other material including government documents.
- 1,689 current serial subscriptions.
- 730,781 microforms.
- 44,568 Audio/Visual items.
- 35,175 e-books.
Museums & Art
Southern University Museum of Art; Frank Hayden Black Heritage Museum; Southern University Archives and Information Center; Site of the original Baton Rouge Red Stick, which is the location for the founding of Baton Rouge at Scotts Bluff on the bank of the Mississippi River, on the Southern University Campus at Baton Rouge; Nettervile Drive, which runs the Mississippi river front of the Southern University Baton Rouge Campus has been designated as a Historical District.
- Students are required to take a computer course.
- Students are not required to own or lease a computer.
- Recommended computer operating system: Microsoft
- 1,300 computers for student use in locations such as computer center/labs, residence halls, library, student center
- 1 Internet connections in libraries.
- 95 Internet connections in classrooms.
- 4 Internet connections in Laboratories.
- 3,015 Internet connections elsewhere on campus.
- Email accounts are available to all students.
- Internet access is available to all students.
- Student web-pages are permitted.
- Online class registration is available.
- 100% of college-owned hosting units are available for internet access.
Wireless Internet Hotspots
- Wifi is available in some of the libraries (excluding computer labs), in all the libraries, in some classrooms, in administrative/faculty offices and work areas, in some of the college-owned, operated, or affiliated housing
nonremedial tutoring, women’s center, health service, health insurance
math, writing, study skills
minority student, career, military, personal, veteran student, academic, older student, psychological, birth control, religious
co-op education, on-campus job interviews, internships, resume assistance, career/job search classes, alumni network, interview training
24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc)