$33,232 / year
Room and Board
Additional library offerings include the music and science/engineering libraries, Beit Midrash Center Library,Black Cultural Center Library, Friends Historical Library, and Peace Collection. Swarthmore students also have access to library resources at nearby Bryn Mawr and Haverford Colleges through the tri-college consortium.
- Member of library consortia.
- 762,747 books, serial backfiles, and other material including government documents.
- 8,191 current serial subscriptions.
- 47,692 microforms.
- 21,768 Audio/Visual items.
- 200,038 e-books.
Museums & Art
An art gallery, arboretum, performing arts center, solar energy lab, observatory, and outdoor amphitheater — plus three acclaimed and popular new buildings: a state-of-the-art science center with an award winning “green” design, a lighted stadium complex with synthetic grass, and a new residence hall with special design features to encourage student interaction.
- Students are not required to take a computer course.
- Students are not required to own or lease a computer.
- 250 computers for student use in locations such as computer center/labs, residence halls, library, student center
- 100 Internet connections in libraries.
- 30 Internet connections in classrooms.
- 85 Internet connections in Laboratories.
- 35 Internet connections elsewhere on campus.
- Email accounts are available to all students.
- Internet access is available to all students.
- Student web-pages are permitted.
- Online class registration is available.
- 100% of college-owned hosting units are available for internet access.
Wireless Internet Hotspots
- Wifi is available in all the libraries, in all classrooms, in computer labs, in administrative/faculty offices and work areas, in some of the college-owned, operated, or affiliated housing
- Campus wireless internet hotspots are not available.
- Approximately 1,000 students can be on the network at once.
nonremedial tutoring, women’s center, placement service, health service, health insurance, other
minority student, career, personal, academic, psychological, birth control, religious, other
on-campus job interviews, internships, resume assistance, career/job search classes, alumni network, interest inventory, interview training, other
24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc)