$29,965 / year
Room and Board
E.S. Bird Library (main library); Geology Library; Mathematics Library; Physics Library; Martin Luther King LIbrary; Science and Technology Library; Law Library.
- Member of library consortia.
- 3,487,551 books, serial backfiles, and other material including government documents.
- 20,637 current serial subscriptions.
- 7,334,236 microforms.
- 1,124,156 Audio/Visual items.
- 4,021 e-books.
Museums & Art
Belfer Audio Archives; Lowe Art Gallery; Center for Advanced Technology in Computer Applications and Software Engineering (CASE Center); Center for Science and Technology with Parallel Computer Processing Facility; Laser Sprectroscopy Laboraty; Newhouse Communications Center; Global Collaboratory with high-tech multi-media classroom that links SU with classrooms around the world; Dorothea Ilgen Shaffer Art Building;
- Students are not required to take a computer course.
- Students are not required to own or lease a computer.
- Recommended computer operating system: Microsoft
- 1,700 computers for student use in locations such as computer center/labs, residence halls, library, student center
- 50 Internet connections in libraries.
- 150 Internet connections in classrooms.
- 25 Internet connections in Laboratories.
- 200 Internet connections elsewhere on campus.
- Email accounts are available to all students.
- Internet access is available to all students.
- Student web-pages are permitted.
- Online class registration is available.
- 100% of college-owned hosting units are available for internet access.
Wireless Internet Hotspots
- Wifi is available in all the libraries, in some classrooms, in computer labs, in administrative/faculty offices and work areas, in some of the college-owned, operated, or affiliated housing
- Campus wireless internet hotspots are not available.
- Approximately 15,000 students can be on the network at once.
nonremedial tutoring, women’s center, placement service, day care, health service, health insurance
minority student, career, personal, academic, psychological, religious
co-op education, on-campus job interviews, internships, resume assistance, career/job search classes, alumni network, interest inventory, interview training
24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, student patrols, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc)