$6,112 / year
$14,362 / year
Room and Board
The University Libraries houses collections of over 5.7 million cataloged items, in a variety of formats, in five libraries located in five separate facilities and provides electronic access through the University Libraries’ website . The Willis Library contains a majority of the holdings of the Libraries, along with such special areas as the Music Library, Government Documents, Archives, and the Rare Book and Texana collections. The Science and Technology Library, located in the Information Sciences Building, contains the Curriculum Materials Collection (CMC), the library and information sciences collection, and the science and technology collections. The Research Park Library collections support the College of Engineering. The Media Library, with its specialized collections of audio-visual materials and computer software, is located in Chilton Hall. The Library Annex contains lesser-used research materials from the collections and houses the Libraries’ Technical and Preservation departments and the UNT Dallas Campus Library supports the academic programs at this facility.The University Libraries are administered by 49 librarians with the assistance of 76 full-time staff. The Libraries are under the general supervision of the Dean of Libraries, who is assisted by the Associate Dean of Libraries, and the University Library Committee, an advisory body appointed by the Faculty Senate.
- Member of library consortia.
- 2,125,264 books, serial backfiles, and other material including government documents.
- 19,487 current serial subscriptions.
- 3,274,666 microforms.
- 173,402 Audio/Visual items.
- 108,855 e-books.
Museums & Art
Texas Fashion Collection, part of the School of Visual Arts
- Students are not required to take a computer course.
- Students are not required to own or lease a computer.
- 2,136 computers for student use in locations such as computer center/labs, residence halls, library, student center
- 200 Internet connections in libraries.
- 1,270 Internet connections in classrooms.
- 866 Internet connections in Laboratories.
- 30 Internet connections elsewhere on campus.
- Email accounts are available to all students.
- Internet access is available to all students.
- Student web-pages are permitted.
- Online class registration is available.
- 100% of college-owned hosting units are available for internet access.
Wireless Internet Hotspots
- Wifi is available in some of the libraries (excluding computer labs), in all the libraries, in some classrooms, in computer labs, in administrative/faculty offices and work areas, in some of the college-owned, operated, or affiliated housing
- Campus wireless internet hotspots are not available.
- Approximately 800 students can be on the network at once.
nonremedial tutoring, women’s center, placement service, health service, health insurance
reading, math, writing, study skills
minority student, career, personal, academic, older student, psychological, birth control
co-op education, on-campus job interviews, internships, resume assistance, career/job search classes, alumni network, interest inventory, interview training
24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc)