University of Vermont
- 60% have a job after 6 months
- 79% have a job after 1 year
- N/A have a job after 2 years
$11,324 / year
$26,308 / year
Room and Board
Medical library, chemistry library, physics library, library research annex and archives
- Member of library consortia.
- 1,420,000 books, serial backfiles, and other material including government documents.
- 6,600 current serial subscriptions.
- 12,500 Audio/Visual items.
Museums & Art
Agricultural & Environmental testing Lab, Agricultural experiment Station, ALANA Student Center, Center for Cultural Pluralism, Center for Research on Vt., Ctr. for Biomedical Research Excellence in Neuroscience, Charlotte the Vermont Whale Electronic Museum, Dairy Farm & Herd, Entomology Research Lab, Fleming Museum(art & cultural artifacts), Francis Colburn Gallery(art), Greenhouse Complex, Gund Institute for Ecological Economics, Horse-riding Arena, Horticulture Research Center, Instrumentation & Model Facility, Lake Champlain Science Center, Lake Research vessel(Melosira), Lane Series(performing arts), Living/Learning Center Gallery, Mass Spectrometry facility, McCrorey gallery for Multicultural Art, Molecular Modeling Facility, Morgan Horse Farm, Mount Mansfield Summit, Dairy Foods Research Ctr, Perkins geology Museum, Photo Cooperative, Pottery Cooperative, Pringle Herbarium, Proctor maple research Ctr, Research Ctr for Groundwater Remediation design, Rubenstein Ecosystem Science Lab, Spatial analysis Lab, Structural biology facility, UVM Natural Areas, Vermont Cancer Ctr, Vt Ctr for Geographic Information, Vt Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, Vt Lung Ctr, Zadock Thompson natural History Collection
- Students are not required to take a computer course.
- Students are not required to own or lease a computer.
- 930 computers for student use in locations such as computer center/labs, residence halls, library, student center
- 46 Internet connections in libraries.
- 16 Internet connections in classrooms.
- 11 Internet connections in Laboratories.
- 26 Internet connections elsewhere on campus.
- Email accounts are available to all students.
- Internet access is available to all students.
- Student web-pages are permitted.
- Online class registration is available.
- 100% of college-owned hosting units are available for internet access.
Wireless Internet Hotspots
- Wifi is available in some of the libraries (excluding computer labs), in some classrooms, in computer labs, in administrative/faculty offices and work areas, in some of the college-owned, operated, or affiliated housing
- Campus wireless internet hotspots are not available.
- Approximately 1,000 students can be on the network at once.
nonremedial tutoring, women’s center, placement service, health service, health insurance
reading, math, writing, study skills
minority student, career, personal, veteran student, academic, older student, psychological, birth control, religious
co-op education, on-campus job interviews, internships, resume assistance, career/job search classes, alumni network, interest inventory, interview training
24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc)
- The school offers housing for students.
- 53% of students live in school housing.
- The school does not provide assistance for off-campus housing.
Types of housing available
- 32% of housing units are Singles.
- 58% of housing units are Doubles.
- 5% of housing units are Triples.
- 5% of housing units are Apartments.
- In total, there are 63 housing buildings.
- 100% of rooms are equipped with sprinkler systems.
- 100% of rooms are equipped with fire alarms.
- 100% are equipped with high-speed internet connections.
- 85% of students remain on campus over the weekends, on average.
- Alcohol is permitted on campus.
- Popular events on campus: Homecoming & Parents Weekend, Lane Series(performing arts series), Aiken Lectures, President’s Lecture Series, TREK(outdoor challenge, leadership, community service), Men’s and Women’s Basketball and Hockey games, weekly free new-release movies, regional/national concerts/entertainers(ex. Jurassic 5, Mike Gordon, Roots, Leo Kotke, Dave Chappelle, Margaret Cho), ALANA Talent show, Technology and Non-profit Career Fairs, Comida para la Gente(annual Alianza Latina dinner), Alternative Spring Break, Welcome Back Picnic, Burlington City events(e. g. Jazz Festival, Gospelfest, International Film Festival, Mardi Gras, First Night)
- Student activities: choral groups, concert band, dance, drama/theater, jazz band, literary magazine, music ensembles, musical theater, pep band, radio station, student government, student newspaper, student film society, symphony orchestra, television station
- In total, there are about 110 organizations on campus.
- Honor societies: Alpha Kappa Delta(Sociology), Alpha Omega Alpha(Medical), Alpha Zeta(Agriculture), Beta Gamma Sigma(Business Administration), Boulder Society(Senior men), Chi Epsilon(Civil Engineering), Delta Sigma Rho and Tau Kappa Alpha(debating), Eta Sigma Phi(Classical studies), Gamma Theta Upsilon(Geography), Golden Key Society, Kappa Delta Pi(Education), Lambda Alpha(Anthropology), Mortar Board(Seniors), National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Omicron Nu(Home Economics), Order of Omega(Fraternities/Sororities), Phi Alpha Theta(History), Phi Beta Kappa, Pi Sigma Alpha(Political Science), Psi Chi(Psychology), Sigma Phi Alpha(Dental Hygiene), Sigma Theta Tau(Nursing), Sigma Xi(Scientific research), Tau Beta Pi(Engineering), T. O. W. E. R. R. (Senior women), Xi Sigma Pi(Natural Resources), Alpha Sigma Lambda(nontraditional students)
- Religious organizations: (Appears as submitted by school) Catholic student Association, Chabad Jewish Student Organization/Center, Hillel, Intervarsity Christian Fellowship, Spurgeon Foundation Campus Ministries, Navigators Student Fellowship, Vermont Pagans, Newman Catholic Center, Christ Church Presbyterian, Episcopal Church, Cooperative Campus Ministry, Unitarian/Universalist Society, Hilltop Light Assembly, Mindfulness Practice Center, Organization for Spirituality and Social Justice, Spiritual and Religious Life Council
- International organizations: (Appears as submitted by school) Alianza Latina, Asian American Student Union, Chinese Student Association, Student Organization Against Racism(SOAR), Black Student Union, Vermont Israeli Student Association, South Asian Student Group, Asian Cultural Exchange, World Club(Saladbowl), International Club, New Black Leaders, Women of Color Alliance, ALANA Student Center, Center for Cultural Pluralism, International Educational Services
- Other organizations: (Appears as submitted by school) Aikido Club, Alpha Phi Omega, Amateur Radio Club, Amer. Soc. for Engineering Management, Amer. Soc. of Civil Engineers, Amer. Soc. of Mechanical Engineers, Anthropology Club, Athletic Medicine, Brass Ensembles, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Club, Cat’s Meow(a Capella), Catamount Fencing Club, Catayak Kayak & Canoe Club, Charlie & Kitty(mascot) Club, Choral Union, Citizens Awareness Training, Coalition for Responsible Investment, College Democrats, College Republicans, Collegiate 4-H Club, Common Ground Educational Farm, Coop for Real Education in Agric. mgmt. (CREAM), Crew Club, Cycling Club, Dairy Club, Dance Team, Dressage Team, English Majors Union, Equestrian Team, Field Hockey Club, Figure Skating Club, Film Forum, Gay-Lesbian-Bisexual-Transgender Alliance, Goodrich Classical Club, Gymnastics Club, History Forum, Hit Paws, Homecoming, Horse Club, Horticulture Club, Ice Hockey Club, Indoor Climbing Club, Inter-Residence Assoc. , International Business Club, Investment Club, Juggling Club, Kodokan Judo Club, Debate Union, Main Campus Community Council, Marketing Club, Math. Assoc. of America, Lacrosse Clubs(men & women), Rugby Clubs(men & women), Soccer Clubs(men & women), Ultimate Frisbee Clubs(men & women), Music Educators Natnl. Conf. , MIS Club, Off-Campus Student Org. , Org. for Spirituality & Social justice, Outing Club, OPT(drug & alcohol free options), Percussion Ensemble, Pre-Vet Club, Prof. Phys. Educ. Majors Club, Psychology Club, Recreation Mgmt. Club, Red Cross Club, Rescue Squad, Roller Hockey Club, Sailing Club, Scuba Club, Sr. Class Council, Ski Club, Gardening Cooperative, Small Business Club, Snowboard Club, Soc. of Amer. Foresters, Soc. of Automotive Engrs. , Soc. of Women Engrs. , Speech & hearing Assoc. , Sports Therapy, Student Legal Service, Student Nurses Assoc. , Students for Peace & Global Justice, Students Political Awareness & Responsibility Collective, SA Concerts, Tae Kwon-Do, Wildlife Society, Top Cats, Univ. jazz Ensemble & Combo, Univ. Players, Univ. Symphony, Up Kids Swim, Upsilon Pi Epsilon, UVM Concert Band, UVM Concert Choir, UVM Paintball Club, UVM Theatre, UVMTV, Vantage Point Literary Magazine, Vt. stud. Environmental Pgm, Vt. Environmental Activism & Resc. Ctr. , Vt. Ski Racing Club, Vt. Wind Ensemble, Volleyball Club, Volunteers in Action, Wahbeenowin: The 7th Generation, Water Polo Club, White Students Org. Against racism, Women Org. for Radical Change, WRUV Radio
- Student papers: (Appears as submitted by school) Cynic (weekly)
- Nearest airport(s) (distance in miles): Burlington, VT (2)
- Nearest train(s) (distance in miles): Essex Junction, VT (8)
- Nearest bus-station(s) (distance in miles): Burlington, VT (2)
- Public transportation serves the campus.
- Not all students are permitted to have cars on campus.
- 30% of students have a car on campus
- School employment is available.
- 15% of undergrads are employed with average earnings of 1,650
- Freshman are not discouraged from working.
- There are 9 fraternities
- 7 fraternity houses
- 7% of students are fraternity members
- There are 5 sororities
- 3 sorority houses
- 5% of students are sorority members.
- Army ROTC: Offered on campus
- Navy ROTC: Not offered
- Airforce ROTC: Not offered
class attendance policies set by individual instructors, hazing prohibited, other