$32,140 / year
Room and Board
Baptist Historical Collection; Rare book and manuscript collections, including the Dolmen Archives, the Maya Angelou film and theater collection, Harold Hayes papers and the Wilbur Cash papers.
- Member of library consortia.
- 1,788,033 books, serial backfiles, and other material including government documents.
- 32,566 current serial subscriptions.
- 2,390,965 microforms.
- 28,238 Audio/Visual items.
- 162,579 e-books.
Museums & Art
Museum of Anthropology, Reynolda House Museum of American Art (adjacent to campus), Charlotte and Philip Hanes Art Gallery, Olin Physical Laboratory with laser lab, 150-acre Reynolda Gardens
- Students are not required to take a computer course.
- Students are required to own or lease a computer.
- Recommended computer operating system: Microsoft
- 4,405 computers for student use in locations such as computer center/labs, residence halls, library, student center
- 500 Internet connections in libraries.
- 1,200 Internet connections in classrooms.
- 16,000 Internet connections elsewhere on campus.
- Email accounts are available to all students.
- Internet access is available to all students.
- Student web-pages are permitted.
- Online class registration is available.
- 100% of college-owned hosting units are available for internet access.
Wireless Internet Hotspots
- Wifi is available in all the libraries, in all classrooms, in computer labs, in administrative/faculty offices and work areas, in all college-owned, operated, or affiliated housing
- Campus wireless internet hotspots are not available.
- Approximately 20,000 students can be on the network at once.
nonremedial tutoring, other
minority student, career, military, personal, academic, older student, psychological, birth control, religious
on-campus job interviews, internships, resume assistance, career/job search classes, alumni network, interest inventory, interview training
24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc)