When looking for employment or even a promotion these days, you often find that companies are looking for employees that hold some type of college degree. Some companies don’t even care if your degree has anything to do with the job you’ll be performing, as long as you have one. This trend, along with wanting to be more competitive in the job market, has many people considering either getting a degree or going back to school for a more advanced degree than what they already have. The desire to get more education while still trying to maintain a job and spend time with the family has resulted in the creation of several online and more non-traditional means of earning a degree.
The ability to go to school and earn a degree on the schedule you choose, and while doing other things makes the idea very appealing to some. It also gives way to many that otherwise would not be able to attend traditional classes that take place during the day. One school that is seeking to help you obtain an advanced degree in a shorter amount of time is College America, which was founded in 1964. College America offers several campuses throughout the country including locations in Denver, Fort Collins and Colorado Springs, Colorado as well as Phoenix, Arizona. Degrees can be completed through the traditional campus locations while the online degrees are conducted through College America’s affiliate school – Stevens-Henager College. Depending on what your interests are, most of the common fields of study have degree offerings either online or through the campuses.
– Students taking online courses receive a complimentary laptop
– Several degrees available through online study including some master’s degrees
– Popular degree fields to choose from
– Several locations available for those who choose the classroom degree programs
– Locations are focused to just three states
– No options for those that might seek more specialized degree subject offerings
– No costs given prior to contacting the school
– Not all degrees offered are available online
College America offers several degrees both online and on their multiple campuses. Some of the degrees available are:
– Associate of occupational studies in computer programming
– Associate of occupational studies in graphic arts
– Associate of science in graphic arts
– Associate of science in business management and accounting
– Bachelor of Science in accounting
– Bachelor of Science in business administration
– Master of Science in business administration
– Master of Science in nursing administration
Although College America has campuses located in three different states, all of the online programs are handled through their affiliate school – Stevens-Henager College. The locations of the various campuses are as follows for the traditional classroom setting:
– Cheyenne, WY
– Fort Collins, CO
– Denver, CO
– Colorado Springs, CO
– Flagstaff, AZ
– Phoenix, AZ
College America doesn’t appear to be a completely traditional school. There are no mentions of school athletics or social organizations that students might have access to on their web site. Students are able to enjoy career placement assistance by the school upon graduating. Students who are enrolled in online classes get the added bonus of receiving a laptop to aid in their education. Upon graduation, students are allowed to keep their laptop as a gift from the school.
College America is one of many schools created to meet the needs of those wanting to go back to school for an advanced degree. Whether you are going back to finish one you started long ago, or just getting started, College America seems to be a solid school offering some of the most popular degrees currently available. Although it may seem a disadvantage to not live in an area where College America has a campus, their online offerings seem a bit more extensive than what you can choose from going the classroom route. If you are a person that enjoys the online style of learning, College America may be worth at least getting more information about.
America College, American College, College American, CollegeAmerica, College Americana, College-America